How VA Loans Work for Refinancing
VA refinance loans (backed by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs) are designed for current and veteran military personnel looking to refinance their mortgage. Whether your current home loan is VA or another loan type, eligible service members can use a VA loan to take advantage of exclusive benefits and savings.
What kind of benefits?
- No lender fees* at PrimeLending
- No private mortgage insurance (PMI)
- Easier credit requirements
- Limit on closing costs
- Higher loan value
- Possible assistance if needed
If you meet one or more of the following requirements, you may be eligible for a VA loan refinance from PrimeLending:
- Active service duty for 90 consecutive days of combat
- Active service duty for 181 days of peace
- Served 6 or more years in the National Guard or Selected Reserve
- Are a spouse of a veteran who died while in service or from a service-connected disability
- Have a Certificate of Eligibility(link opens in a new tab)
If you’re unsure if you qualify, need more information or have any questions about a VA loan refinance, a PrimeLending loan officer can help you any time.